Friday, July 12, 2013

Hurry up and wait!!!

  I now have 2 beta reading groups. One adult and one teen. For those of you who do not know what a beta reader is.... it's like a focus or test group for a product, and this product is a book. I have delivered most of the materials they will need to help out and now we wait.... I never in a million years thought it would be this hard. I am very worried about the state of my nails, since I can't seem to stop nibbling nervously as I wait to hear their feedback... When you write a book, no matter what struggles you may encounter, you fall in love with the characters. You can't help but feel like you are a part of their world, the world you create for them daily. To send your book off to be judged is a harder thing than most think. I take deep breathes and remember that I asked them to be honest with me about it. What if honesty gets me a big fat negative response tho... am I gonna be strong enough and switch to my business minded self to accept this criticism and move forward, making the book even better? It's either that or I will hide in my fort with a glass of wine and read fairy tales to the kids lol!

for now... I will wait... and possibly wear gloves to save me from nibbling too far.... :)  

1 comment:

  1. ...Ugh...I think I'm missing some materials????

    maybe???

    ReplyDelete