Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fantastical Fourth!!

 Here I sit...trying to muster up the gumpshin to step away from the lap top and head out for the days activities, but as most writers know... when the mood.. or the plot... strikes..one MUST write...right? As I look at my kids faces and see that they will NOT put up with another day with mom in front of the screen... I must make this fast.... I wanted to share my favorite firework displays (as I have too many favorite fourth's to pick) with you.My all time favorite display was actually in a movie, and it had nothing to do with the fourth.... It was from The Fellowship of the Ring, where Merry and Pippin 'dipped' into Gandolf's stash for a little fun and mischief. What we got out of it was an amazing display including one firework I wish the pyrotechnics's of the world would figure out how to make!! Yes I am referring to the dragon! My favorite real life display is held on Vashon Island every year in Quarter Master harbor.... let's just say that display rival's the one at the White House!! If you EVER get a chance to go... DO! Well... now I'm getting the stink eye... so it's off to the parade with me.... Have a magical and safe 4th!

Would love to hear what your fav is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment