Sunday, August 4, 2013

It Never ends,,,,

Written story...check

Beta Groups....Check

Cover Art (which is fabulous BTW)....check

Kick-starter Campaign started....almost check.. (just need to finish up the video part (which is turning into the BIGGEST challenge of this entire project)

Company chosen to represent the book and up coming publications.....check

Map...... MAP? 


       Almost all of my Beta-readers (so far) have come back with the side note of "A map at the beginning or the end of the book might be really cool, so that we can see where we are and where Faineth is going. OK ya that's doable.... or i it? When I picture a map for my story, I automatically think of the late great J.R.R. Tolkien's map of Middle Earth. It's a natural thought since I could probably speak every part in each of the movies as well as tell you what's next in the book, since I am one of the biggest fans of that story, but with so many influences already n my book from that brilliant man.... do I really want to copy his map ideas as well? I want it to be primitive which that map is, simple in detail, which that map is, and bi-colored (like black ink on aged, ink dyed parchment) which that map is as well.... so my toughest choice will be I suppose, how much do I care if people say "Wow, this map reminds me of Middle Earth" Or "Geez, how original. Ya think she could have come up with her own style"? 

   I am hopeful that once I get started on this new map making quest that it will draw itself in the form it wants to be in...much like the story it will be representing.






1 comment:

  1. Hhhhmmmm...I guess I never really thought of a map...lol what does that say about me? ;)

    ReplyDelete